Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Review - Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

This is the first book in the series that made me cry and cry and cry. Tohrment finally moved on but not without a lot of denial, confusion, heartbreak, and anger. Autumn and Tohrs relationship was beautiful. Two broken souls coming together. One after centuries of being a servant still punishes herself for decisions of the past. I was happy that she and the child that she left behind was able to begin building a relationship. Without animosity, hate, or regret. Tohr manages to fill his days by fighting the enemy fails to reconcile with his love of the past. Seeing him slowly move on and fall in love just broke me as he didn't know how to keep the love he felt for Wellsie and the love Autumn separate as Wellsie was the only woman he's ever loved. When finally admitted what he felt to Autumn I was happy and heartbroken at the same time. The fade ceremony and the moments leading up to it had me a blubbering mess. It never surprises the strong connection the brothers have for one another. How they stand up for each other in their time of need. It wasn't easy letting one love go and welcoming a new one. It made me so happy that he was able to separate the two. Q surprise me with his self sacrifice on the battle field and the decision he and Layla made. I said it before but this series just keeps getting better and better. I keep falling in love with these groups of vampires. Though all the sarcastic comments and fighting when it comes down to it they are a family that will do and give anything for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment