Friday, April 11, 2014

Review - Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams

I'll be honest I didn't know what to expect when I read this novella. This is the first book I've read from this author. I was surprised I loved it as much as I did. Of course the story starts with our Alpha male in a heated moment. I must say its always refreshing when a man is blunt and to the point even though he's a little cruel in the way he goes about it. I can do nothing but admire that. I have no idea what happen to Andrew Hamilton to make him the way he is. He only does one night stands and never sleeps with anyone twice. Someone must have stomped all over his heart. He also has no female friends except Aubrey. They tell each other any and everything. Though she is keeping some huge secrets. Like where she works, her age and her name. The way he finds out the secret is nothing less than shocking. Of course he was cruel to her while still being attracted to her. He was genuinely hurt when he confronted her about it. So I'm guessing whatever happened 6 years gave him zero tolerance for lying. Though if that one heated moment in her apartment (which he showed up unannounced i might add)is how he handles lying then she should lie more often (kidding).  After another heated moment in his office the next day things seemed to have settled between the two that is until his wife (uh-oh)shows up at the office and messes everything up. I know there is more to the story as we still have no idea what happened 6 years ago to change him in a profound way. I'm looking forward to read where Aubrey and Andrew go from here and what exactly happened to him all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment