Friday, August 15, 2014

Resist (Songs of Submission #6) by C.D. Reiss

I know I sound like a broken record but this was the best book in the series. It seems that Jonathan and Monica have more in common than what they prefer in the bedroom. We find out the reason behind Jonathan's arrest and just have far Jessica would go to get what she felt she was owed. Although what she did was underhanded and deceitful and I can't help but feel sorry for her. The secret was a painful and shameful one, one he would keep from Monica as long as possible if not for Jessica's probing. Even though he told her the story because of his alcohol induced brain at the time I think even all that happened that night is a mystery even to him. For years he has gone by what was told to him. Just like most strong alpha's somewhere along the line something happened to him that made him want to close himself off. Then Monica entered his life and threatened to strip all that away. To make him into the man that was their all along. Thanks to a strategic and Monica's gift her career is just about to take off. The back and forth between the two just about drove me crazy. I thought things were settle in the previous book but I was wrong. What surprised me is that Jonathan was the one to walk away his way of protecting Monica. Though just as Jonathan knew Monica waited for him to return to her. I was happy when at last they accept their fate and realized they would be committed to each other. No more running what ever happens they would face it head on together. Their was a warning of a cliffhanger and that made only want to get my hands on the next and final book. Jonathan and Monica's story has been with so much angst, betrayal, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment